Originating from [ name of crystal island] in the middle of [Name] lake, this species are magical, sentient, living crystals that infect a host creature and incubate in their body until a time that they are capable of taking it for their own.
On their own these creatures are nothing more than crystal clusters, unable to move and with a soft glow.
However once introduced to a host, be it a humanoid or animal, they quickly take over the hosts form, popping up all over the body and causing pain until the ultimate death of the host creature.
Depending on the type of crystals bones can be somewhat hollow. Crystals such as agates will have solid bones. It all can vary.
Different crystals can yield different results that will be listed below.
The general shared personality traits of the race. These could develop as result of environmental factors or through genetics.
|Reds||Emotional / Feisty|
|Oranges||Bold / Brave|
|Yellows||Militant / Just|
|Greens||Detached / Kind|
|Blues||Patient / Intellectual|
|Blacks||Logical / Cold|
Note: These are all general traits and are not all encompassing.
Magic Ability and Powers
Some types of crystals are capable of magic. But not all of them.
Where in the world of Morpheus is this race most likely found? Do they Travel?
- I Host Infection: the start of the life cycle begins with a host creature becoming infected with the crystals. Tiny micro crystals transfer to a living creature via contact with the skin. they are very sharp and will stick in skin and burrow deeper until they hit bone. Here they liquefy in the marrow and slowly crystallize it. Many hosts develop anemia.
this stage can take 3-6 months.
- II Nucleation: This stage occurs when the bones of the host are fully flooded with crystalline fluid. the fluid will seep from the bone and small crystal nodes will form all over the hosts bones. they pop up on any bone surface, even the inner jaw and occasionally force out teeth.
this stage can take 6 months - 2 years
- III Crystallization I: In this stage the crystals will continue to grow until...
- IV Host Death: Crystals puncture skin/brain/vital organs and ultimately kill the host.
~ 5 - 8 years
- V Crystallization II: Crystals continue to grow. Host will seek out water, sometimes the water of the crystal island. They will die in the water while the crystals continue to grow.
- VI Skeletal Consumption: At this point no more bone exists of the hosts skeleton, it has all been converted to crystal. Including fingernails and teeth.
- VII Super Concentration: At this stage the Crystallized being will form a thin but strong skin like membrane inside their chest cavity. This sack like structure will slowly fill with concentrated crystalline fluid.
- VIII Geode: At this point the creature will seek out a secluded spot underground, often times migrating back to their origin point. once in a suitable location they simply wait for the pressure to become too much and the membrane ruptures, causing them to essentially 'pop' all over the place. This serves as a seed location for more crystals to grow and an opportunity for other beings to become infected and start the cycle again.
Birth & Childhood
How is the species born? Is there any distinct development for their childhood?
Youth and Teen-Years
Is there any distinct development for their teenage years? Coming of age ceremonies? Puberty? etc.
Is there any distinct development for their adult years?
Is there any distinct development for their senior years?
Death & Burial
What happens when this race dies? How do they celebrate death?
What relationships does your race have with other species. Does this effect the society? How do they interact with each other? Are there any social customs that are worthy of noting?
What gods do they follow? Do they have any customs, rituals or ceremonies they follow.
What languages do they speak?
Sex & Mating
How do they breed and/or repopulate? Is the race man made?
Do they have any specific dietary needs? Do they feed on anything out of the norm? (More specific for races like Vampires)
Genetic Weaknesses & Strengths
Are there any specific weaknesses this species has? To disease, magic types or weapons? For example Fae not being able to touch iron, light magic strong against dark magic etc.
What classes are commonly found amongst this race?List of classes
If there are any subspecies, add a section for each of them.
Separate section for hybrids: ideally, hybrids would have both strengths and weaknesses from both (or all) the species they originate from. Add some pointers here; no strict rules because each hybrid will probably have different genetics.
|Crystal name||Basic details||Strengths||Weaknesses||Known characters|
|Winston boron nirate||Crystals leader.|
|Quartz||Dependant on mass, typically strong. Pretty fireproof.||Can be broken if struck right.||Sweetpea (Rose), Demiira (Smokey)|
|Garnet||Less painful between stage of Nucleation and start of Crystallization.||Stronger than other quartz's. Harder to break. Abrasive.||Varied.||Red, Edge|
|Ruby||Endurance.||Can be completely splintered if hit just right.||Cherry (Pigeon blood Ruby)|
|Peridot||Affinity to fire. Sometimes can firebend.||Hard to break.||Unstable.||Daisy|
|Obsidian||Affinity to blades.||Xyns host.|
|Oil Shale||Made from cross-contamination of Crystals and Phyrexians. Can either be infected gems that take on the skeletal nature of crystals, or be crystal infected Phyrexians. Very rare. Usually killed by both kinds.|
|Coral||Can mass together to become bigger/stronger||Coral|
|Gold||Physically weaker than most other crystals. Don't do well with heat.|
Family's / Clans / Tribes
Is there any famous/royal family's or tribes amongst the race?
Notable playable characters, Link wikia profiles.
History & Advancement
List major key points in the history of this race. How did this race populate? When were they first documented, were they around before first documents? Are they originally from another planet in the galaxy? Have they been in any battles? Conquered any lands?
This Species is from Space.